Department of Microbiology
- Antinuclear antibody test by Immuno fluorescence (ANA)
- Anti DNA
There are highly sensitive tests and the different patterns in ANA that helps in diagnosis of specific connective tissue disorder *(Viral load)
- Fungal culture and Sensitivity
- Anaerobic culture and Sensitivity
- MB- Bact culture for TB
- HIV, HBV, HCV tests done by CLIA
- All Hepatitis markers tested
- Sepsis panel
- Tropical fever core panel
- Viral meningitis
- Neonatal sepsis
- Respiratory pathogens 33
- MTB/NTM detection
- MTB MDR
- MTB XDR
- STD panel
- HPV HR detection (14 genotypes)
- Flu – subtyping
- Gastro intestinal panel virus
- Gastro intestinal panel parasite
- Gastro intestinal panel bacteria
- Fevers rash panel
- PUO- panel
- Malarial parasite panel
- Aspergillus Spp
- Meningoencephalitis panel
- Gas PCR (group A streptococcus
- Bordetella panel
- Respiratory infection HAP panel
- Respiratory infection CAP panel
- Eye infection panel
- Dermatophytes panel
- Pan- fungal PCR
- Infections of the immuno suppressed (EBV, CMV, BKV)
- HBV DNA quantitative (Viral load)
- HBV DNA qualitative
- HCV RNA quantitative(Viral load)
- HCV RNA qualitative
- HIV 1 RNA quantitative(Viral load)
- HIV 1 RNA qualitative
- BKV DNA quantitative (Viral load)
- CMV quantitative (Viral load)
- CMV qualitative
- MTB – PCR
|1||Dr. Sumana M N||Professor and HOD|
|2||Dr. Madhuri Kulkarni||Professor|
|3||Dr. Tejashree A||Professor|
|4||Dr. Rashmi P Mahale||Associate Professor|
|5||Dr. Sowmya G S||Associate Professor|
|6||Dr. Raghavendra Rao M||Associate Professor|
|7||Dr. Ranjitha S Gowda||Assistant Professor|
|8||Dr. Vidyavathi B Chitharagi||Assistant Professor|
- Eight staff qualified in medical microbiology with clinical background report all the tests.
- Culture report is always correlated with clinical picture that helps in identification of the real pathogen and not the commensal/colonizer.
- Sensitivity testing done by automated Vitek – 2 system which gives minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) along with clinical breakpoints. This helps in choosing the right antibiotic reaching the site of infection in the right dosage.
- Antibiotic Consultancy: consultancy facility by clinical microbiologist is also available in choosing the right antibiotic in the right dosage.
- Consultancy on cost effective infection control practices also available for other hospitals/Clinics.
- Innovative method of Bio-Medical Waste disposal facility created and the designed equipment can be purchased from us.
- NABL accredited integrated counselling and testing facility for HIV is available, which is also a state reference laboratory for HIV testing.
- HIV viral load testing facility (by RTPCR)
State of art central sterile supply department (CSSD) created to prevent any hospital acquired infections at JSS Hospital. Latest sterilization method like plasma sterilization is used.