Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
The Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology of JSS Hospital provides comprehensive services to women in the treatment and management of gynecologic and obstetric conditions – from routine care to complex high-risk situations. Our maternity services manage and care for women during pregnancy, childbirth and postnatal periods. We also provide breast feeding counseling, as well as antenatal counseling sessions.
To provide comprehensive & quality health care to women and to be the Centre of excellence in teaching, training, research & innovation.
To provide comprehensive health care facilities to women. Emphasis on innovative technologies and research activities
Extension & Outreach Activities
- Regularly participate in the health camps organized by different Health organizations.
- Takes care of Antenatal patients in the Urban Slum of Mysore at UHC –Bamboo Bazaar.
- Extend health care services to women attending Suttur and Chama raja Negara JSS Hospital.
- Conduct PPIUCD Training Programme for Medical Officers & Nurses of the PHC’S surrounding Mysuru.
- Honoring meritorious student in OBG every Academic year through MOGS (Mysore OBG Society)
- Attend the orientation programme for doctors organised by JSS Spiritual Endowment Trust
- Participation in International YOGA day celebration.
- Health awareness programme to women from Mysore City Corporation (including cancer cervix screening), students from JSS College for women and SDM College as a part of International
Women’s day celebrations
- Outpatient- ANC , Infertility clinic , Oncology clinic , Well women clinic, minor OT .
- In patient bed strength -120 – 4 Units
- In patient- low and high risk labor ward , Obstetric ICU, round the clock operation theatre exclusive for the department (Emergency, routine Gynaec & Endoscopic surgeries)
Doctor’s rest room for interns, postgraduates, staff & UG students & departmental library.
Strategy Development for department and deployment
- Institute of Obstetrics & Gynecology which is
- a centre par excellence in managing all high risk pregnancy cases.
- Assisted Reproductive Technology & Gynae Oncology Centre.
- Academic excellence – Fellowship in Gynae Endoscopy, Reproductive Medicine , Fatal Medicine & High risk obstetrics.
- Simulation & Skill Lab
- Robotic Surgeries
Faculty Empowerment Strategies
All faculty will regularly attend the conferences (National &International), CME Programme, Workshops, Seminars & hands on training courses conducted by other Institution and University.
- High risk pregnancies and obstetrics
- ICU – adult ICU
- Neonatal ICU – level 3
- NALS certified nurses
- Pediatric ICU
- PALS certified nurses
- Early cancer detection
- Gynecology services
- Infertility clinic
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Prenatal counseling
- Genito urinary tumors
- Minimally invasive surgeries