Providing best ophthalmic care in and around the Mysore city at affordable cost.
Bring down the incidence of preventable blindness.
To improve quality of life through the enhancement, preservation and restoration of vision.
Lead in eye care quality and access.
Educate future generation ophthalmologists on the fundamentals and state of the art in eye health, disease and treatment.
To increase the research activities by encouraging the faculty and students to take up studies.
Faculty empowerment strategies
- All the faculty of our department are trained in sub-specialities .
- They are encouraged to take part in CMES, conferences and other academic activities.
Imparting surgical skills to the Postgraduates.
Context– Ophthalmology being a surgical branch, training is incomplete if
They are not confident in basic surgical skills.
Objectives – To make the students confident in basic ophthalmic surgical skills
So as to put them ahead of their peers at the end of 3 years.
LONG TERM PLANS
- By providing all sub specialties in ophthalmology under one roof.
- By providing quality care at competitive prices.
- By providing excellent patient experience every time.
SCOPE OF SERVICE
- Refraction and contact lens services
- Cataract surgery
a. Small incision cataract surgery with IOL
b. Phacoemulsification with foldable IOL ( Indian and imported )
c. Scleral fixated IOL
a. IOP testing ( Applanation and rebound )
c. Humphrey visual fields
d. Optical coherence tomography
e. Central corneal thickness measurement
a. Fundus photography
b. Optical coherence tomography
c. Fundus fluorescein angiography
d. Intravitrial injections
e. Laser therapy
- Eye banking and keratoplasty
- Squint evaluation and squint surgery
- ROP screening and laser therapy
- Trauma care and 24×7 emergency trauma surgery
- Lacrimal sac surgeries
Innovative Teaching Methods
Telemedicine in Ophthalmology: Using Trinetra equipment
To train MBBS doctors based in remote small centres, in identifying common eye conditions for early referral by employing simple , user friendly diagnostic equipment
To design a curriculum to educate medical social workers in identifying common eye problems before referral to ophthalmologists.