Physiotherapy is a field which provides information about human body mechanics in normal & abnormal state of health. Physiotherapists evaluate and treat numerous physical conditions affecting all age groups and help in restoring function, improving mobility, relieving pain and preventing or limiting permanent physical disabilities of patients suffering from injuries or diseases. The field of Physiotherapy comprises various hands on techniques which include soft tissue mobilization, joint mobilization skills to reduce pain, increase joint motion and flexibility. Therapeutic exercises help to restore strength, movement, balance & coordination, and complete functional recovery; it helps to improve the quality of life. A physiotherapist reviews the conditions and monitors the progress to aid recovery.
JSS department of Physiotherapy provides assessment and appropriate physiotherapy management for all clients attending OPD and inpatient wards with prompt, ethical, and evidence based care.
- Helping people to regain and achieve their complete potential following injury, pain, surgery, or physical inability.
- Providing physiotherapy service that is based on high standards of care and practice which are evidence based.
- Providing a comprehensive range of specialised service that is accessible and aligned with the patients’ goals.
- Provide optimal quality care under physiotherapy speciality areas like musculo skeletal and sports, paediatrics, neurology, cardio-pulmonary, community physiotherapy and women’s health (OBG).
Physiotherapy department is supported by the faculty from JSS College of Physiotherapy and consist of over 24 physiotherapists, including specialist and teaching faculty.
Scope of Physiotherapy Services
The physiotherapy department as a team provides comprehensive physiotherapy care with the convenience of direct access to specialties and provides day to day service with walk in consultation with regular treatment appointments and plan. Patients with chronic pain and post discharge follow ups are considered at the outpatient department.
The team provides treatment for patients who are admitted and have undergone a wide range of procedures including cardiac, OBG, orthopaedic, paediatric, pulmonary, oncology, plastic surgery, neurological surgery and general surgery. The service is extended to all acute patients on blanket referrals to orthopaedic, OBG and neurosurgery wards and to all ICUs. Patients receive appropriate treatment with ethical, and evidence based care, with home care program and advice.
Head of the Department : Dr. Kavitha Raja PT PhD
In charge coordinator : Vijay Samuel Raj V MPT.
|BASIC SCIENCE – ORTHOPAEDICS IP||JAKSON K JOSEPH MPT, CKTT
|· Biomechanical evaluation and therapy
· Pre- admission patient education
· Ward based assessment and treatment seven days a week
· Post trauma and fracture rehabilitation
· Post- fracture surgical rehabilitation
· Joint replacement surgery rehabilitation
· Spinal surgery rehabilitation
· Hand rehabilitation
· Post ligament injury and surgery rehabilitation
· Joint pain / arthritis management
· Spinal pain management
· Gait training
· Functional re-education
|CARDIO PULMONARY PHYSIOTHERAPY
Physiotherapy in Women’s health (OBG)
|RENUKA DEVI M MPT (In-charge )
NAGINA NIKITHA MPT
ANUPAMA MC BPT
|· In patient and out- patient pulmonary rehabilitation.
· All CTVS (Cardio Thoracic Vascular Surgery) patients
· Physiotherapy care in cardiac surgery, thoracic surgery and vascular surgery
· General surgery physiotherapy care including plastic surgery, burns and abdominal surgeries.
· Acute physiotherapy care in Amputation, surgical oncology
· Physiotherapy care in pulmonary conditions (eg., COPD, Pleural disease, Restrictive Lung disease)
· Peripheral vascular disease Physiotherapy management.
· Antenatal training, and treatment of MSK problem related to pregnancy
· Post natal Screening
· Post-natal training and treatment of incontinence and pelvic floor muscle dysfunction.
· Physiotherapy care in LSCS, NVD
· Patient education and coping strategy management
Geriatrics including Nephrology
|Dr. KAVITHA RAJA PT PhD (Head)
PRASHANTH V M MPT
ANITHA S BPT
|· Geriatrics screening and rehabilitation and falls prevention programs
· Chronic pain management in geriatrics
· Permanent Physical Impairment (PPI) Evaluation
· Rehabilitation of Amputees
· Outreach program / camps
· Ergonomic evaluation
· Therapy for patients with Chronic Kidney Dysfunction (CKD)
· Exercise prescription of CKD during haemodialysis
|MUSCULOSKELETAL AND SPORTS PHYSIOTHERAPY||VIJAY SAMUEL V MPT, CKTT
NITYAL KUMAR MPT
NAGENDRA R T MPT
|· Chronic Post traumatic / Fracture Rehabilitation.
· Management of joint and soft-tissue dysfunction
· Sports specific therapy and rehabilitation
· Knee ligament reconstructive surgery Rehab
· Chronic Joint Replacement Rehabilitation
· Pain clinic (arthritis ,low back and neck pain)
· Gait and functional evaluation and re-education
· Fitness programs and core body strength training
· Taping (K-taping / Rigid)
|NEUROLOGICAL PHYSIOTHERAPY||Dr. ANNIE THOMAS MPT, PhD.,
|PAEDIATRICS PHYSIOTHERAPY||Ms. SHARVANI MPT
- Electrotherapy modalities like Electrical Stimulation, Ultrasound Therapy (UST), Laser therapy, Pain relief modalities like Interferential Therapy (IFT), Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulator (TENS), Cervical and Lumbar Traction
- Whirlpool, multi gym, cycle ergometer, treadmill
- Excellent infrastructure
- Speciality clinics
- Multi-disciplinary environment
- Competent and highly qualified faculty
- Efficient and effective treatment based on patients’ goals.
- Diverse specialities
- Evidence based therapy
- Research intensive environment