Right questions will always give right answers, right choice will get rid of your pain, choose us when you are in pain! We take pain to get rid of yours. Healing is a skill which we have mastered with care. Injuries happen, so does healing. Diagnosis, treatment and surgery get rids of your disease, but we deal with the pain associated. Help us help you, pain is not a necessity but an option, choice is always yours.
At JSSH our physiotherapy team are dedicated in providing expert treatment with professional training in anatomy, biomechanics and physiology.
At JSS Hospital, we have a committed team of highly experienced qualified physiotherapists. Their wide range of skill set enables them to provide the appropriate treatment – whether a problem is post-surgical, work related or a sports injury.
Our aim is to provide comprehensive assessment and diagnosis of your individual problem, followed by a course of treatment tailored to your needs. This may include manual therapy, soft tissue massage, electrotherapy or accelerated rehabilitation in our state-of–the-art-setup.
The department of physiotherapy in JSSH works with a variety of specialities viz.
- Acute care
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Sports injury rehabilitation
- Trauma and joint replacement rehabilitation
- Neurological rehabilitation viz. spinal cord injury, acquired brain injury
- Paediatric rehabilitation viz. cerebral palsy and other mobility disorders
- Hand injury rehabilitation
- Pain management
- Women’s health including antenatal, post natal and osteoporosis programmes
(the list of above services can be explained as below to give strength to understand the nature of treatment in a better context)
- Manipulation and Mobilisation Techniques: These can be used to relief and restore movement and function in all joints.
- Postural advice: all our physiotherapists are able to advise you on appropriate workstation set up, ensuring you do not aggravate your condition with poor posture.
- Soft tissue and sports injury: our specialist’s skills in the treatment and early rehabilitation of sports injuries ensure a prompt return to fitness for both recreational and elite sports.
Our scope of treatment
The physiotherapy department is able to offer you the convenience of direct access to associate specialties available at JSSH and provide day to day service with walk in consultation with regular treatment appointments if requiring any therapy.
Our squad provides treatment for patients who have undergone a wide range of procedures including cardiac, orthopaedic and neurological surgery. Patients receive appropriate treatment; rehabilitation and post discharge follow ups with program of exercises and advice.
|Dr Kavitha Raja PT, PhD||Professor and HOD &dpty. Dir Rehabilitation||Rehabilitation|
|Pradeep Shankar, MSPT||Associate Professor||Sports physiotherapy|
|Renukadevi , MPT||Assistant Professor||Cardio pulmonary physiotherapy|
|Saikrishnan V, MPT||Assistant Professor||Neuro physiotherapy|
|Aditi Bhandiwad, MPT||Assistant Professor||Women’s health|
|BipinPuneeth, MPT||Lecturer||Cardio pulmonary physiotherapy|
|Annie Thomas, MPT||Lecturer||Neuro physiotherapy|
|Jakson Joseph, MPT||Lecturer||Musculoskeletal physiotherapy|
|Saumen Gupta, MPT||Lecturer||Rehabilitation|
|Siddesh NS, MPT||Lecturer||Paediatrics|
|Ashwini N Raj, MPT||Lecturer||Musculoskeletal physiotherapy|
|Prashanth M, BPT||Asst. Lecturer||Acute care|
|Vijay Samuel Raj||Tutor||Acute care|
|Deepa George||Asst. Lecturer||Acute care|