Senior Citizen Helpline
JSS Hospital has established a Senior Citizen Helpline Centre in association with Police Department and Dept. of Women and Child Welfare. The main aim of this Helpline is to provide timely medical care to senior citizens. The centre also undertakes yoga and meditation camps periodically.
Senior Citizens Help Line Centre located in JSS Hospital,Mysore,isajointeffortofMysore City Police and JSS Medical Service Trust,Mysore. The expertise and service of the Mysore City Police and JSS Medical Service Trust are now readily available under one roof. This facility is for persons above 60years of age and proposes to make the elderly persons and senior citizens happy and secure. Committed social workers, counselors, dutiful police personnel and volunteers are available help elders. The service is free and within easy reach. The HelpLine Project is sponsored by the Department of the Welfare of the Disabled & Senior Citizens, Govt. of Karnataka.
At present the centre is having 1 Co-Ordinator and 3 counsellors cum Social workers who have post graduate degree in Social work and they are rendering services to the elders in the form of counselling, referral services, rehabilitation, timely support / suggestion and health facilities from 8AM to 8 PM.
- Counseling and analyzing the nature of the problems and suggesting remedial measures.
- All efforts for reconciliation,reliefandreunion.
- For serious cases,police intervention and legal proceedings arranged.
- Medical casesreferredtonearby hospitals.
- Rehabilitation in Old AgeHomes.
- Working withotherservice agencies and related Government Departments.
- Information relatedtopersonal security,medical needs and other day-to-day needs.
- Creating awareness about elder’s rights,children’s responsibilities and minimizing crime and violence against elders.
JSS Senior Citizens Help Line Center
JSS Hospital Campus
M.G.Road,Mysore, Pin- 570004.