- Suicide Prevention Centre.
- Student counselling Centre.
- Association with Chamarajnagara hospital.
- Association with Suttur residential School.
- Continued medical education programmes
- Teachers’ training programmes
- Guest lectures
- Social and Community Oriented Activities: Urban Health Centre, health camps.
The PG Board of studies, JSS University has approved the following
- MD in Psychiatry
- DPM in Psychiatry
- Fellowship Programme in Sexual Medicine
- Certificate course in Sexual Medicine
- Residency training in Sexual Medicine.
- MPhil in Clinical Psychology 2016
- MPhil in Psychiatry social work 2012
- MINDS initiative- Medication Information for Neuropsychiatric Disorders and Sensitization initiative. It was a joint initiative by departments of Psychiatry and Clinical Pharmacy started in October 2016.
- JSS DIAL (Doctors interested in alternative learning) is a unique forum initiated by the department which has 500plus books whereby Non-medical books are exchanged between faculty from various departments.
- The department also has a dedicated center for recreation & book library Exclusive for caregivers & in-patients. One of its kind in India.
- There is also the availability of toys, board games etc to aid in the rehabilitation services for child & adolescent in patients.