The department is active in research of common respiratory problems like Asthma, COPD, Pneumonia, TB and Lung cancer. Department also has collaborations with leading National and International institutions and universities for conducting high quality research. Department is a part of Special Interest Group for research in Environment and Respiratory Health.
- Global Asthma Network – Study on Asthma in adults and children.
- BOLD (Burden of Obstructive Lung Diseases) Study II – Study on Obstructive Lung Diseases
- NIH Research Training – Training in Research activities focusing on Communicable and Non Communicable Disease and interaction.
- GLIMP STUDY - MRSA in patients with Pneumonia
- EMBARC STUDY - global study on Non-cystic Fibrosis Bronchiectasis.