- Dept of Gastroenterology was established in 1998.We have 4 qualified faculties graduated from premier institutes of our country.
- Our centre is recognized as a regional referral centre for Gastroenterology / Hepatobiliary diseases.
- Ours being a quaternary superspeciality centre caters 25,000 outpatients & 2500 inpatients annually.
- Dept of Gastroenterology has performed more than 2,00,000 Gi endoscopies which included upper GI endoscopy,colonoscopy, ERCP , EUS (Endoscopic ultrasound) , GI manometry and liver biopsies.
- DM residency program was started in 2012, DM residents during their tenure are trained by the experienced faculty as per NMC guidelines in various aspects of Gastroenterology like Clinical Gastroenterology, GI endoscopy (diagnostic/therapeutic),research ,publications. DM residents are assessed periodically regarding their clinical acumen, patient care & GI endoscopy skills.
- The faculty is actively involved in publications (National/International) & research focussed on H.pylori , colonic tumours and chronic liver disease. Workshops on GI endoscopy, Continued Medical Education (CME), Liver transplant clinics are conducted regularly by the department of Gastroenterology & hepatology.
- Faculty were invited as speakers / moderators in various National / International conferences & in covid era – webinars were conducted.
- Dept of Gastroenterology involving multi-disciplinary team has initiated to develop full fledged liver transplant program at JSSH.
Procedures performed in the department as follows :-
UPPER GI ENDOSCOPY :
Diagnostic : Diagnostic endoscopy, Narrow band imaging.
Therapeutic : Endoscopic variceal ligation, Gastric varices sclerotherapy, Haemoclip placement, Self expanding metal stent (SEMS) placement, PEG tube placement (Per-cutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy) , Polypectomy, Argon Plasma coagulation (APC) , stricture dilatation (Corrosive/Achalasia/Peptic) , Foreign body removal.
Diagnostic : Diagnostic colonoscopy, Narrow band imaging.
Therapeutic : Polypectomy, Self expanding metal stent (SEMS) placement , Argon Plasma coagulation (APC)
Therapeutic : Bile duct stone removal, Biliary stenting, Biliary SEMS placement, pancreatic stone removal , pancreatic stenting , cystogastrostomy.
Therapeutic : FNAC / Biopsy /Gastric variceal coil placement
GI MANOMETRY / BREATH TEST